The entry table in spring green

Entry table in spring green

Spring is around the corner so it's time to change the entry table from orange to spring green. I "shopped from my home" for all the changes here. In other words, I bought nothing new for this project. As a matter of fact, I seldom buy anything new. My home's decorating style is Early Garage, Late Thrift as in found early at a garage sale or discovered when someone later donated it to a Thrift store or seconds store. To give you an idea about what can be found used, I've included the prices that I can remember from the things I have bought over the past 25 years.
The table is half a dining table attached to the wall. It was from a seconds shop for $15. The large mirror is from Goodwill half price on an anniversary sale for $25. The green scarf is from the now closed PS2 shop, a boutique styled spin off of the Project Safe Thrift Store. It was either $3 or $5. The $3 statue is from Nancy Lenved's table at a Winterville fundraiser. The $2 cigar box is from Lexington Antiques. The three Floraline planters are from various thrift stores. There's no way I spent more than $5 for any of them. The frame is a used frame I picked up at a thrift store and it's had a variety of pictures changed in and out over the years.These pictures were cut from used books. The brown base ceramic pot was a $5 find at Athens Antiques. Sold as a discard because of uneven color, it's actually quite beautiful for its flaws. 
There's a monstera / swiss cheese plant, moss tufts, and a couple of branches clipped from the yard with moss attached. The empty Floraline pot has ear handles in a Deco style. A candle inside can be lit to give the table a warm glow which is amplified by the mirror. The branches then cast shadows on the ceiling.
Entry table in fall orange
The fall table has an array of second hand items. The woven boxes, the gold two tone pot, the miniature painted cup, and the tan metal handled vase came from Goodwill. The old tea tin is something I got from my family. The print is a Modigliani backed on crumpled paper bag rolled in shoe polish because it was all I could find more than 15 years ago when I framed it on short notice. I liked the result and never changed it. I think the large vase came from Greer's old consignment shop. The art on the walls are all amazing finds. From the left, the ceramic bowl with painted seed pods came from Archipelago antiques. It sits on a $3 shelf from Goodwill. The watercolor was a discarded piece of art hidden in a used frame for sale. Above the mirror is a print of Aztec temple paintings. Two landscape prints line the right side of the mirror. All the frames are second hand.

It's always interesting to see what a mirror reflects. In this picture it's the front living room windows, the main sofa with pillows, a Tiffany style lamp, and some South East Asian art.

Popular Posts