Plum Blueberry Cake

 



Plum Blueberry Cake

Recipe from Allrecipes

Amendments: Add 1/2 TSP Cinnamon and double the cooling time. Yes, warm is nice but cool is better.

Changes to consider next time I make this---and yes, I will make this again.

1. Increase spices to include small additions of ground cloves, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, ground ginger-- the warm Winter spices.

2. Double the cinnamon if I don't add the extra spices.

3. I think gently toasted pecans would be lovely as an added layer on top of the cake mix. Candied pecans would be over-the-top but should be tried before I die.

Whatever I add needs to be a small amount as the cake nearly rose above the cake pan's depth.



  •  
    • In the prepared pan, combine 3 tablespoons margarine and brown sugar. Place pan inside the preheated oven until the margarine melts and begins to bubble. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the 1/3 cup margarine and 1 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.





Popular Posts