Laundry room redo so far

From a drab olive to periwinkle blue. 

I haven't had a blue room since leaving our old house over 15 years ago.


It started with a $3 blue and white sheet found at a thrift store. It was enough material to make the two sets of curtains. An old white flat sheet was used to line the curtains. I had the blue and white pictures and the blue and white pottery in other places throughout the house. The old laundry room curtains were reused in a bedroom. The old laundry room art was moved into a library corner so everything was shopped from my home. The pansies were two bundles from the Dollar Tree for $2. The other plants were from the crafts supply on hand.
I have an old shower rod I use to dry delicates. I bought a set of mounting brackets to keep it from slipping.
The canisters hold my delicates bags and my dryer wool balls (in use).

Ferns on the window sill

Around the corner is the mud room with two walls of coat hooks. 

Left to do: finish reinstalling the coat hooks and paint another corner, then touch up the trim work with white paint.

$55.00 for a gallon of blue paint and a quart of semi gloss white, 
$6 for the mounting brackets for the drying rod,
$3 for the the sheet, 
$2 for flowers,
$8 for blue tape, 
$6 for caulking / hole filler. 

$5 over my $75 budget because I really needed the tape and new caulk.

If my walls had been a lighter color than the dark olive green I started with, then I could have gotten a less expensive paint. I bought a more expensive blend that guaranteed single coat coverage.

Popular Posts