New desk for bills

 

A new-to-me desk, a hand-me-down from my MIL. A small wall that was home to a 30" shelf for crafts in the dining room was not working visually in the space. When I created my art desk for my room, the work desk was left but Lance wanted the bills (read household paperwork) moved once and for all. A brief visit to the MIL brought the offer of this desk and I'm the happier for it. The crafts shelf is now hidden away at the far end of the book nook in the library.

All the overflow art books which had been stacked on top of the crafts shelf now have a proper home. The fold down desk top is used with a dining chair turned side ways when needed. Four drawers below are for paperwork and supplies. A couple of dollar store lights hidden under the ledge give extra light when working on the desk. Cubby holes are for the things which need a permanent spot. And, of course, the top surface holds a garniture of blue and white pottery. An old tarnished tea pot, $3 at a seconds shop, temporarily holds an assortment of flowers and feathers. My painting finishes out the vignette. I love being able to create art as needed for a space. The colors work well together.
Inside, behind the doors are more blue and white porcelain pieces along with overflow from the art book section.

Popular Posts