A Kantha cloth for the dining room

Found a Kantha cloth for a tenth of the price of new ones. I'd long resisted buying one because I prefer buying second hand and at the lower prices.

"Kantha is a centuries-old tradition of stitching patchwork cloth from rags, which evolved from the thrift of rural women in the Bengali region of the sub-continent - today the eastern Indian states of West Bengal and Orissa, and Bangladesh."

With this definition in mind, I guess it's apt that I would insist on reused and repurposed!

 The Kantha cloth now rests on the dining table.
With the same eco driven mindset I also purchased some more cloth napkins and found some napkin rings too. All were thrifted, second hand, and a great deal. 

It's a great addition to my dining room (last picture). Forgive the clutter on the secretary desk; we've bought two cars in the past month and I'm shocked at the quantity of paperwork.

 

Popular Posts