But...

I despise smoking. As in Period, No exceptions. I can't stand the smell of smoke or smokers. I hate smoking. Hate. To even pick up an ashtray is generally verboten. I knew this piece was an ashtray before I picked it up...but I picked it up. No obvious flaws, no nicotine stains, no smell. It fits the bill in every way except it is an ashtray. I love Asian art of a certain period or influence and this damned ashtray had what I wanted except for those cigarette rests. Oh well, the price was right. 

Before my camera battery ran out I grabbed this single angled shot. Another time. Another picture. I've already found a plate stand that it fits on. Not that anyone in their right mind would dare smoke in our home or even in the yard. 

Battery recharged and here's a picture of the temporary home for the tray.

It's in the living room with other Asian art.




Popular Posts