It's late...

It's late so I'm posting a poorly lit picture of my new fireplace mantel and surround. I've been searching for things for my daughter's place on facebook marketplace. On Sunday I stumbled across this fireplace surround for $25. Monday afternoon Peter and I picked it up.

It's meant to surround an electric fireplace insert. I don't know if I'll ever add one---unless I find it for $25 or a deeply discounted end of season sale price. Besides, all the prep to fireproof the space may not be worth it. 

I've wanted a fireplace since before we moved in and this sated the design aspects of that yearning. If I want fire I can pull out a battery powered candle or ten.

It's late. I need to clean up a few things. Tomorrow I can tackle this and better balance out the space. 


Popular Posts