A few changes


Took some time to line the curtains today. I recently replaced curtains in the library which had faded in the sunlight because they were not lined. Six panels are not inexpensive but it was Waverley so it was affordable. These living room curtains were $6 or $7 a panel because they were used. They are also out of stock and can not be replaced easily. When I swapped out a thick tan canvas / burlap like fabric shower curtain yesterday I realized it would make an excellent liner for these curtains. I baste stitched it onto these and already the sunlight is noticeably dimmed. 

I have been going through extra décor in storage with the idea of using it or losing it with a few exceptions to keep. Reed has benefited from the purge taking some collected things off my hands. Among the things I found were two reticulated metal dishes which I hung on either side of the curtains. 

I also added several pictures and plates above the windows. It started with the blue and white wall vase at center. I moved a couple of hand painted Italian scenes to either side. I added two round plates: a modern porcelain piece of Imari-ware and a melamine plate from an Italian company which reproduces Japonisme style items. Two tiny hand painted pictures from my MIL hang at the far ends. Though similar but not identical, the symmetry plays well using similar shapes and similar items. Only the smallest pictures are framed and sized the same but the characters painted are male and female opposites.

I had thought I'd repaint and reorder the room but over the past few weeks I've added and changed some things enough that I think I'll postpone that indefinitely.

Popular Posts