But will they arrive in one piece?


Those yucky white shelves I have had since we moved in 20+ years ago have been an eyesore since we bought them. At $30 per unit, it was an affordable, versatile option for book shelving. 

My husband always says, "Just keep looking and you'll find what you want." At last! I found what I wanted at a price I could afford.

Mind you, I have found china hutches similar for years at thrifts but the prices, condition, etc. always left me waiting. The ones from antiques stores ran the gamut from many, many hundreds to multiple thousands of dollars.

My son's doctor was delayed today so I found myself in the downtown district with extra time so I went to Habitat ReStore. Just last night I had measured the living room walls and doors and windows hoping to rework the room so the measurements were fresh in my head. 134" inches wide on that one wall. The four thirty inch white shelves come in at 120 inches. This set each measures 62 inches wide and about 6 feet high, a similar height to the cheap shelves.

They have a couple of wood shelves in the hutch and two drawers atop the buffet portion. Then there are three doors below in each one. Behind the doors is a single recessed shelf half way up. The books we have can probably be adapted to fit with some trial and error. Honestly, we've been meaning to sort through the books anyway. Here's our excuse.

As for the price, each was marked $145. Under $300 for two! Wow! When I asked the manager about disassembling the pieces, which they do, he told me since they were blue tagged, they were on sale for half price. I bought both for $145 total plus 8% tax. Holy cow! What a deal.

Now the hard part is getting them home and inside without any breakage of people or shelves.

Popular Posts