Always shopping my home

 Changing out the display atop the LR shelves again. A few new pieces were acquired. Many more brought in from around different parts of my home. 

AFTER
At left, the largest vase is a faux ivory Chinese piece. It is to the right of a Vapheio cup. The Bacchanalian piece from earlier this month is to the right of a Peruvian bowl with geometric patterns. The Townley vase is at far right next to a Suiseki atop a wood base. Suiseki are small naturally occurring or shaped rocks which are appreciated for their aesthetic or decorative value in Japanese culture. I bought the stone second hand. When I washed it, I saw that it was a porous piece of limestone and would work well as a Suiseki. It really is lovely to reflect upon. 

I'm still looking for affordable and beautiful replacements for the 25 year old white shelves. 

Here's a shot before I swapped out the pottery collection:

BEFORE
Peter's art from elementary school at center. My art to either side of Peter's. My picture to the right is my favorite of the two of mine. It was made through a stroke of serendipity. If you come by I'll take it down and you'll see immediately why it's a creation of pure luck.

I've been thinning out my pottery collection. Initially it was a collection of green but over time I've expanded my interests. My favorite piece here is the green head by Peter from middle school. (See image above for a close up.) Upon seeing it I named it Graham Chapman. Yes, some might default to perhaps Graham Greene, but with a mustache and my aversion to Catholic guilt, I went with Graham Chapman.


Popular Posts