Changes

New-to-me pillows brought in some new color and a refresh to the space. The Kilim pillows were in the library wing back chairs originally.

A new-to-me (right) side table, a birthday gift from Lance. 

Covered the left side table with fabric. 

Swapped out lamps when my MIL gave me these wonderful blue and white Asian inspired lamps. The Tiffany lamps now occupy the phone table and another corner of the living room.

Brought in another side table for under the SE Asian art. The basket sits atop it. Both came from different rooms in the house.

A new-to-me red floral rug for the front door entry area.

A thrifted blue trimmed rug to continue the entry walk-in area and reduce carpet wear.

The plant has been moved, as has the umbrella and cane basket. A owl has come back inside from the porch.

Placed a row of art and décor above the windows. Added round brass plates to either side of the curtain rails. All moved from other spots in the house.

Changed the curtains to a $14 thrift store set. Had to line them to keep the light from fading the pattern, the reason I swapped the cream and floral curtains out. I had an old, thick, tan canvas shower curtain I split in half and used as a liner. I've ordered some light blocking Cranberry colored curtains arriving Friday. They were on clearance for under $20 with free s/h and no hassle returns. It's another attempt to bring some more color into the space. 

I hope to move these brown curtains (above) into the dining room where the curtains have also suffered sun bleaching. I can not stress enough: Line your curtains or buy / create insulated curtains or light blocking curtains. It not only keeps the colors from fading, but can reduce heat in the summer or retain warmth in the winter. These east facing windows require only shading from the morning sun. I do wish I had rethought another approach to covering these windows for winter. The width has always been the sticking point.

The room before the small changes (BELOW).


 

Popular Posts